- Seekh Kebabs £3.25 Tender minced lamb with onions, herbs, fresh coriander and green chillies cooked over charcoal.
- Chicken Wings £2.95 Chicken wings spices in a yoghurt marinade with special spices cooked over charcoal.
- Keema Samosas £2.95 Lightly spiced minced lamb, onions and sweetcorn wrapped in a thin crispy pastry.
- Chicken Pakora £3.35 Spiced chicken pieces deep fried in a spicy batter.
- Chicken Nambali £3.95 Breast of chicken pieces marinated, grilled and finally garnished with melting cheese. Served with fried onions, peppers, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Chicken Tikka £3.75 Boneless chicken marinated in yorhurt, herbs and spices (ginger, garlic, fresh coriander, etc.) cooked over charcoal.
- Liver Tikka £3.95 Chicken liver mixed with special spices including ginger, garlic and fresh coriander cooked slowly under a grill.
- Chicken Shami Kebab £3.45 Spiced minced chicken - deep fried.
- Lamb Chops £3.75 Lamb chops marinated in spices and cooked over a charcoal grill.
- Onion & Potato Bhaji £2.25 Onions & potatoes deep fried in a spicy Indian batter and served in a side salad.
- Vegetarian Rolls £2.35 Spiced mixed vegetables wrapped in a thin crispy pastry.
- Mushroom & Potato Pori £2.75 Mushroom and potato cooked with onions, tomatoes and garlic served on a poori (crispy deep fried bread).
- Akbar's Special Veg Pakora £3.25 Onion, potatoes, mushroom, bhindi and paneer (veg. cheese) spiced and deep fried in a spicy batter. Served with warm salad.
- Mushroom Pakora £2.75 Mushrooms coated with a spicy batter and deep fried. Served with fresh salad.
- Paneer Pakora £2.75 Mushrooms coated with a spicy batter and deep fried. Served with fresh salad.
- Soup of the day £3.00 Please ask your waiter for today's special.
- Masala Fish £4.95 Fish spiced with an exotic masala (special mixed spices) .
- Fish Pakora £3.95 Fish cutlets coated in a spicy batter and deep fried, served with a fresh crispy salad
- Grilled Salmon £4.95 Lightly spiced fine Scottish salmon served with a fresh crisp salad and garnished with lemon wedge.
- Fish Nambali £3.95 Fish marinated, grilled and finally garnished with melting cheese. Served with fried onions, peppers, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Prawn and Chicken Poori £3.95 Tender prawns and chicken in a rich masala sauce, garnished with coriander served in a poori (crispy fried bread).
- Calamari Special £3.95 Squid cooked and served in Akbars special style.
- King Prawn Tikka £5.95 Tender prawns marinated in yoghurt, herbs and spices (ginger, garlic, fresh coriander, etc.) cooked over charcoal.
Old School Favourites
- Dopiaza £7.95 Traditional curry prepared with onions
- Korma £7.95 Originally for the British Paj in India. A mild and creamy taste (very mild)
- Madras or Vindaloo £7.95 Choice of two hot dishes cooked with chillies for a taste to be remembered.
- Dansak £7.95 Persian style curry with a sweet and sour taste, made with pineapple, lentils and sweetcorn.
- Rogan Josh £7.95 Tender lamb or chicken cooked in a rich sauce using tomatoes garnished with coriander
- Lamb Peneer £8.95 Spring lamb cooked with traditional Indian cheese in a rich sauce.
- Roshan Lal £8.95 A spicy lamb dish cooked with tomatoes onions and peppers in a rich sauce, garnished with onions and coriander.
- Biryani £9.95 Traditional popular Indian rice dish
- Akbar-e-Balti £9.95 A mouth watering combination of chicken, lamb, mushroom and potatoes cooked with spices, Garnished with coriander.
- Balti Lazeez £9.45 A combination of chicken, prawns, lamb and sweetcorn cooked with fresh ingredients and garnished with coriander.
- Chicken Tikka Makhani £9.95 Mild chicken tikka pieces cooked in a clay oven and pot roasted in a mild spicy sauce made from tomatoes and double cream - all garnished with almonds and cashew nuts (very mild).
- King Prawn Special £11.95 King prawns prepared in a subtle sauce of herbs and spices with onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger and Kashmiri Masala.
- Chicken Jalfrezi £8.95 Tender pieces of chicken cooked with herbs, spices and egg.
- Chicken Tikka Masala £9.45 Chicken breast marinated in a yoghurt, herbs and spices, cooked over a charcoal grill and then finally pot roasted with ginger, garlic, onions, tomatoes, with a sprinkling of coriander.
- Chicken tikka & Garlic Balti £9.45 Chicken pieces, marinated in yoghurt, herbs and spices cooked over charcoal and finally roasted in a Balti with a large helping of garlic.
- Makai ka Sewat £8.95 Tender lamb and chicken cooked with sweetcorn and fresh lemon segments in a spicy tomato sauce. Garnished with coriander.
- Karahi Fish & Potato £9.95 Fish cooked with crushed onions, tomatoes, garlic and ginger added with baby potatoes and peppers. A special mix of delicate spices cooked to a secret family recipe.
- Seafood Balti £9.95 A mixture of fish and prawns cooked with onions, peppers and tomatoes, lightly spiced and garnished with coriander.
- Chicken Balti £7.95 Tender chicken cooked with fresh ginger, onions, tomatoes, capsicums and chillies to a general Baltisan taste.
- Meat Balti £7.95 Tender succulent lamb cooked with fresh ginger, garlic, onions, tomatoes, capsicums and chillies to a general Balti taste.
- Keema Balti £7.95 Minced meat cooked with fresh ginger, garlic, onions, tomatoes, capsicums and chillies to a general Balti taste.
- Prawn Balti £7.95 Prawns cooked with fresh ginger, garlic, onions, tomatoes, capsicums and chillies to a general Balti taste.
- Chicken & Prawn Special Balti £9.45 Spring chicken cooked with subtle herbs and spices with added prawns and coriander giving it a real aroma.
- Lamb & Potato Balti £8.95 Tender lamb cooked with baby potatoes, garnished with coriander
- Chicken Tikka and Keema Balti £9.45 Grilled chicken, pot roasted with minced lamb, ginger, garlic and selected herbs and spices to create a mouth watering dish, highly recommended
- Lamb and Spinach Balti £8.95 A very traditional combination of tender lamb and spinach cooked with carefully chosen delicate spices.
- Chicken and potato Balti £8.45 Tender chicken cooked with baby potatoes, garnished with coriander.
- Chicken & Spinach Balti £8.45 Chicken cooked with spinach, ginger, garlic and delicate spices.
- Lamb & ginger Balti £8.95 Tender lamb cooked in the traditional Balti method with a generous portion of fresh and fried ginger
- Chicken & Chilli Balti £8.95 A hot and fiery Balti cooked with peppers and green chillies, garnished with coriander. (hot dish).
- Chicken & Mushroom Balti £8.95 Chicken cooked with mushrooms in a balti, garnished with coriander.